- This event has passed.
WW: Wood Working Hand Tool Series: A Few Good Planes
June 11 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Even if you have access to a room full of band saws, table saws, and more, you need some hand tools to handle certain smaller tasks and to add refinement to your projects. Hand tools can help you:
– quickly and quietly complete some small cuts
– fit joints with precision
– prepare edges for glue
– add elegance to joints and surfaces
– foster affinity with your material
– explore creative options too risky for power tools
So use power tools for the big stuff. Slow down and finish up with hand tools. A basic set of hand tools is not too expensive, not too big to store, and not hard to maintain. Basic skills are easy to pick up at first, improve quickly with practice, and open up to growing mastery over time.